Monday, March 1, 2010

Now Finishing Book Number 8......and Loving it!

I was so busy this weekend. Who isn't busy on the weekend...this is not a unique statement, I am aware.


Here are some bookmarks that I whipped out this weekend on my....
SINGER
SEWING
MACHINE









And I worked on this book -
Known now as Book Number 8 - A Travel Journal for Paris. . . . I am a bit discouraged by my photography. I just cannot seem to get the idea for how to photograph books and the pages.
I love the Hermes ribbon on the bottom of the book.

I also got surprised with 5 bags of stuff from friends. My friend Katie gave me tons of the things below - 3 LARGE bags full. My mom gave me a whole bag of old cards, and my sister, Tara, gave me a ton of old millinery items.





One of the things I did was cover some egg cartons with paper, so they could hold a lot of "the bit and pieces," as my organizer Denise would say.


When you are on a tight budget and really need to organize, you try to use anything you can to make ends meet .


I did not even buy my new sewing machine, I traded it by putting a couch on CraigsList for a client.


Feeling positively thrifty these days, and that makes me feel good.


I am also saving like a mad person to
be in my expanded studio by April 1st.


Cross fingers, say the sign of the cross, and whatever else you can do!
See you soon!

No comments: